How do I use my new products?
You'll find usage instructions on each individual product page. If you're starting more than one new product, try each new product separately over the span of 1-2 weeks. If you have a product reaction, stop using the product immediately. If you have sensitive skin, do an overnight test patch under your jawline, and give a full 24 hours before judging the result.
How do I maximize the shelf life of my new products?
Every Heart of Gold product is made by hand in small batches with natural ingredients. Our products are skin food on so many levels, and like fresh produce, they should be used up quickly. Always store your products in a cool, dark place, and refrain from placing glass droppers directly onto skin. Use very clean hands or implements to remove product from jars. HG products are alive and ephemeral, and you should purchase them with the intention of using them promptly and consistently. Because nature is unpredictable, our products may vary in color, texture, and scent.
Are Heart of Gold products chemical-free?
No, and neither is anything else on this planet (nerd disclaimer- except inside a vacuum). Air is a chemical, water is a chemical. Anyone advertising "chemical-free" products is (either intentionally or unintentionally) being dishonest. That said, we always prefer to use the most vibrant virgin cold-pressed oils, farm-fresh or wildcrafted botanicals, and as often as possible, and we avoid using potentially dangerous and/or untested lab-synthesized chemicals. We always avoid parabens, pthalates, formaldehyde releasers, PEGs, phenoxyethanol, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances & colors.
About Our Process
- We source the highest quality cold pressed, raw, organic and wildcrafted botanicals from small companies and local herb farmers. We prefer to work directly with farmers, and we grow our ingredients when possible at our own micro-farm (a.k.a. our yard).
- We enlist plant-based preservatives when a formula calls for it.
- Our line is non-toxic, cruelty free, and vegan except in recipes where we use beeswax and honey.
- Each batch is hand made and infused with Reiki.
- We carefully package our goods in (100% recyclable forever) UV protective Miron glass.
- We use compostable shipping materials.