// Pool of Light Gommage + Mask is not as popular as we hoped, and will be retiring permanently after this batch is sold. If you love it, or loved Modern Love Gommage Gel, this is the last opportunity to enjoy the magic. //
Personality- Iris Apfel
Elements- water & sky
Purpose- dual-purpose hydrating gel mask & exfoliant
A succulent hydrating & resurfacing treatment replete with calming (matcha), immune stimulating (manuka honey), lymphatic supportive (holly), enzyme resurfacing (pomegranate), and stress modulating (fig) plant magic. Pool of Light is a dual-purpose riff on the classic French-style hydrating gommage- a mild & ultra hydrating exfoliation method. Basically a gommage works by hydrating dry skin so thoroughly that dead skin cells can be easily coaxed off with a bit of gentle massage. When your skin is feeling abused & dehydrated, it's a lifesaving moisture infusion mask. When your skin is feeling rough & dry, it's an utterly gorgeous (and super quick) hydrating exfoliant.
50ml miron glass jar
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product.
Pool of Light Gommage & Mask
- as a hydrating mask: 7-11 pumps to clean, damp skin. rinse or use a warm compress to remove after 5-15 minutes. avoid eye area. can be mixed with equal parts sweetbriar hydrating nectar for extra calming & hydrating.
- as a gommage: apply 5-7 pumps to clean, dry skin. avoid eye area. immediately, with dry fingers, begin to massage in gentle circles until the texture goes from slippery to tacky (the thinner the layer you apply, the quicker this will happen). now start to massage with outward brushing movements, using a firm pressure. pool of light will begin to loosen and fall away. continue massaging until residue stops gathering under your fingertips. use a warm compress to remove any residue follow with toner, serum, oilserum (or balm).
- if you aren't feeling any "bits" beneath your fingers with the gommage method: dry your hands and try massaging with more pressure (always maintain a comfortable level of pressure). the gommage will not work if it has completely dried on the skin, the magic moment is just before it dries, when it starts to grip instead of slip. if you miss the magic moment, put another thin layer on top of the dried gommage and try again.
- sometimes if skin is super dehydrated, the gommage will soak in before it has a chance to exfoliate. if that is the case, apply another thin layer on top of the absorbed layer and try again.
- if you notice that pool of light is causing a rosy flush, apply a thin layer of oilserum, nectar, or balm prior to applying pool of light.